Because I’ve got some new people following along since I started The Rose Gold Pineapple, I figured it was time to share a few facts about myself, for the newbie readers and my vets! I always love when people post facts about themselves. It feels like you’re getting to know them, and it reminds you that there’s a person behind the blog or Instagram account that’s just like you. Call me the Wizard of Oz if you will, I’m just a little lady behind a curtain!
1. I LOVE my curls. There’s always precious older ladies in Walmart who stop to ask me, “I’ll bet you HATE you hair, don’t ya?” It’s the complete opposite. I love my curls. I think they’re unique, they’re easy for me to maintain, and I wouldn’t be Lauren without them!
2. I have a black cat named Lola, and she is my heart. She’s the sweetest kitty, yet she’s such a diva at the same time. She’s also pretty spoiled, so she’s adopted the nickname “Queen of Sheba.”
3. I could probably live off of Special K Chocolatey Delight cereal. Those little chocolate pieces at the bottom of my bowl make my day.
4. Most people think that there’s a wrinkle on my forehead, but it’s actually a scar. As a very eager three year old who wanted to watch Barney instead of Reading Rainbow, I climbed the dresser & we took a tumble.. this was before the “dressers that bolt to the wall” days.
5. Contrary to my name, (although I DO love pineapples,) if I could pick one fruit for the rest of my life, I think it would be kiwi or blackberries. Blackberries remind me of my childhood summers!
6. Ok so I know this is probably not how you pictured me, but when I was in high school, I (very secretly) loved rock music.
7. I do not like open heights. If I’m enclosed in a plane, we’re all good. Let’s get this party started, fly me somewhere tropical. Oh and pass the Biscoff cookies! But I refuse to touch the railing of a balcony, I have an irrational fear that the railing will break and I’ll plummet to my death..
8. When I was in elementary school, I dreamed of being a chef. My famous recipe was an applesauce tortilla… *facepalm*
9. I have no self control when it comes to crafting or paper supplies. Don’t ask me why I need scrapbooking paper when I don’t even scrapbook, because I don’t know. But I love the patterns and think they’ll come in handy for something one day. I just don’t know what that something is.
10. I’ve never owned a dog that wasn’t a boxer. Boxers have my family wrapped around their lil paws & we wouldn’t have it any other way!
11. I loved writing stories when I was younger and I’d love to publish a book one day. What genre you ask? Good question. I don’t really know..
12. I would love to travel to British Columbia. It’s always sounded & looked so whimsical & magical to me!
13. Okay so I said 12 facts but I got a little carried away. For lucky number 13, I’ll be hosting a giveaway once I hit 500 followers!
I’d love to learn a little more about you! Shoot me an email, comment, whatever your heart desires!